Twisterella 2018 (Un)Conference
Funded by Middlesbrough Town Hall
ALL AGES and FREE ENTRY*
Middlesbrough Town Hall, Albert Road, TS1 2QJ
Are you an aspiring musician? Would you like to receive advice and feedback from music industry professionals? If so, the Twisterella (Un)Conference is for you.
Our aim is to provide you with great advice in a relaxed and informal setting, so that you are able to get the guidance you need to get your music the exposure it deserves.
Registration & Coffee: (10:30am – 11am)
Session 1: Roundtable Sessions (11am – 12:15pm)
• Focusing on music streaming // press & radio // gigs & festivals // labels & management.
Session 2: A&R (12:15pm—1pm)
• Get your track heard by the panel. Are you brave enough?!
• The panel will give feedback on submitted tracks. They will consider aspects such as:
• Is the quality of the recording good enough to gain airplay? Is there anything that might prevent this particular track getting airplay? Could parts of a track be used for syncing, etc?
• This part of the conference is not about whether a track is good or bad, but it is designed to give the acts feedback from industry professionals on how they might look to develop things as they move forward.
Important note: This is not some sort of grotesque X-Factor style “rate them and slate them” session. The aim of this session is to provide constructive feedback only. Acts who came along last year achieved national radio play off the back of attending this session. If you’re in a local band, this is absolutely unmissable. See you there!
Track submissions for the A & R panel must be sent to the Twisterella team in advance via our contact page.
* Please note: Twisterella Festival is a separate 18+ ticketed event
Previous panellists include:
· Vic Galloway (BBC Radio Scotland // BBC Radio 6 Music)
· Rianne Thompson (BBC Tees Introducing // Amazing Radio)
· Claire Dupree (NARC. Magazine)
· Michael Lambert (A Modern Way Management – Fatherson, Roddy Woomble, Tom Joshua etc)
· Ross Lewis (Immediate Audio // Tour Manager for James Bay)
· Julian Ive (The Cluny)
· Joe Coates (Please Please You – Promoter in York & Leeds)
· Scott Lewis (Clue Records)
· Simon Pursehouse (Sentric Music)
· Ally McCrae (BBC Radio 1 / BBC Three / Artist Manager / Radio Plugger)
· Helen Hammill (Cattle & Cane)
· Bob Fischer (BBC Tees)