- Due to the ongoing covid-19 pandemic, we have made the difficult decision to postpone Twisterella 2020 and move the line-up to Saturday 9th October 2021
- It goes without saying that we hope Twisterella 2021 goes ahead as planned, as normal, but given there is still so much uncertainty, we appreciate your patience and understanding with regards to any changes that may need to take place with the advertised line-up and venues.
- We are in regular dialogue with the Association of Independent Festivals, Tees Valley Combined Authority, Middlesbrough Cultural Partnership and all of the key venues to ensure that we are able to implement relevant safety procedures.
- Due to the ever-changing and ongoing nature of the covid-19 pandemic, we will wait until nearer the time to announce any additional information which will need to be known by ticket holders. Please keep your eye on this website and our social media accounts for the latest updates.
- We are doing all we can to ensure that Twisterella 2021 goes ahead as planned and provides the same authentic Twisterella experience as we’ve all become accustomed to. #UTB
Ticket Info / Terms and Conditions
- Tickets for the Twisterella Festival all day event on Saturday 9th October 2021 must be exchanged for a festival wristband. There will be no admittance to venues without a wristband.
- The wristband exchange point is located at the first floor Welcome Desk in Teesside University Students’ Union and will open from 12noon until 9pm. Ticket collections will be at the wristband exchange point on the day of the event only.
- The ticket holder must be present at the wristband exchange point. Under no circumstances can you collect wristbands on behalf of other ticket holders.
- Please arrive at the opening of the wristband exchange to allow enough time to collect a wristband before performances begin.
- Wristbands allow entry to each of the participating venues, as individual venue capacities permit.
- The advertised line-up may be subject to change. We will endeavour to ensure that any line-up changes are on a like-for-like basis in terms of quality and reputation.
- Tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, refunded or returned unless the event is cancelled.
- No duplicate tickets will be issued for lost tickets.
- In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all guests, all venues reserve the right to refuse admission.
- Admission is at the ticket holder’s risk. The promoter and the individual venues shall not be held liable for any loss, injury or damage sustained within their premises.
- The event age restriction is 18+. Management reserves the right to check ID.
- Tickets bought for the postponed Twisterella 2020 are valid for Twisterella 2021.
- NB if the event is postponed again, refunds will be available for a period of time for ticket holders who cannot make the new date.
How does the Twisterella Festival wristband work?
The Twisterella Festival wristband admits entrance to all Twisterella Festival music venues on Saturday 9th October 2021. This is subject to venue capacity, so to avoid disappointment we would recommend getting to your chosen venues early, as entrance is on a first come first served basis.
Ticket sales are based on total venue capacities; therefore it is inevitable that some venues will be busier than others at certain times. There will always be space in at least one venue, so take a chance on something new and beat the queues!
Are all of the venues within walking distance of each other?
Yes. All of the venues are located within half a mile of each other on Southfield Road and Linthorpe Road. The majority of the festival site is based in the pedestrianised Teesside University ‘Campus Heart’ and each venue is pretty much only a couple of minutes stroll from one another:
Please note that all venues are subject to change.
Where can I find the schedule?
Every ticket holder will be provided with the festival programme when they collect their wristband and print outs of the schedule will be available in all venues on the day. There will also be a Clashfinder released nearer the time.
Where is the wristband exchange and what time is it open?
Teesside University Students’ Union – First Floor Welcome Desk – From 12noon
Can a friend pick up my wristband on the day?
No, you must pick up your wristband in person as they are placed on your wrist when you collect them.
I only bought a ticket to see (INSERT BAND HERE) but they’ve cancelled. Can I have a refund?
Unfortunately not. The line-up is subject to change and no refunds will be given for tickets that have already been purchased. We try to minimise changes but sometimes things happen that are out of our control – bands get ill, they get offered a last minute tour of the USA, they split up… there’s plenty of other amazing bands on the bill, so go out there and discover your new favourite act!
What are the age restrictions on the day?
Twisterella is an 18+ event. No refunds can be given for incorrectly booked tickets.
How much are wristbands on the day?
Subject to capacity, wristbands on the day will be priced at £25.
What does STBF or + BF mean?
STBF means ‘subject to booking fee’ and + BF means ‘plus booking fee’. Ticket outlets charge booking fees to cover their costs for the transactions, this applies to cash sales as well as card.
Do all of the venues have disabled access?
All of venues have access with the exception of the upstairs room at the Westgarth SC. If you have any specific needs, please contact us in advance to ensure we do everything we can to make your festival experience as enjoyable as possible.
What after parties and club nights will be happening after the live music?
Beer, cocktails and dancing in The Townhouse. See you there!
Will there be places for me to eat during the day?
Yes. Teesside University SU will all have full food menus available, and The Westgarth Social Club will be serving their famous cheese toasties and other tasty treats.
Where should I park?
There are a number of car parks in Middlesbrough town centre and there’s also plenty of on-street parking near the University. Visit https://www.middlesbrough.gov.uk/parking-roads-and-footpaths/parking-permits-and-penalty-charge-notices/middlesbrough-town-centre-parking-map for more info.
Where should I stay?
Middlesbrough has plenty of hotels, the Travelodge usually has pretty good advance rates or try all of the usual places like Holiday Inn Express, Premier Inn, Airbnb etc.
Are you taking band submissions?
Band submissions are currently closed.
How do I apply for press/photo passes?
Please get in touch via the contact page with some examples of your work.